Monday 29 August 2011

Cape Town: First Impressions

We've been in Cape Town for two nights, and I don't think there's anything to complain about so far.  The first day, we just walked around to (attempt to) ward of the jet-lag.  The waterfront looked enticing, so we headed down that way and naturally found ourselves sitting down in a Greek seafood restaurant after Jack and I agreed that the menu looked far to good to pass up.

An all-too-familiar pose: studying the menu
Dad's seafood soup


Mom's calamari

My seafood pasta
Jack's seafood platter, fit for a king

That was yesterday, and we did more today but I'm extremely tired and about ready to pass out so I'll let everyone know about that in a later post. For now here are some pictures of the landscape around Cape Town, I definitely want to take a few hikes if the weather cooperates.
Devil's Peak
Table Mountain, which we'll hopefully be rappelling off of

The hill behind our hotel (couldn't find the name), with the Lion's Head poking out from behind it
 I'll try to get time to post more tomorrow.

Peace,
Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment